TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Z32 engine rebuild
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Z32 engine rebuild

Posted by jameyguy on June 07, 2015 at 11:41 PM
  This message has been viewed 254 times.

In Reply To Z32 engine rebuild posted by jameyguy on June 07, 2015 at 08:38 AM

Message To all.....Thanks for the reply. I've already had the engine vatted and since I don't trust my own eyeballs I got them to verify my bearing grades. I got them right but after so many years I feel more comfortable being checked.

Shaggee, I'm interested in constructive replies but there is no need to be rude. The SD455 is anything but a close tolerance motor and the factory service manual has an explicit warning to owners who expect it to be. When I rebuild it, I might try to remedy that. And the bores are round well within the service manual specs, as double checked by a machine shop. I didn't trust my own eyes and the lack of wear on this engine has me quite amazed.

The pistons even have their original turning marks on the skirts, but I'm replacing them while I have it apart.

Other than the original post I found warning me that "I can't do the bottom end myself," it sounds like as Cjw3 says, no different than any other close tolerance engine.

While I'm at it, does anyone have recommendations for a worthy machine shop in Salt Lake? I've not lived here long.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.